Dalton - Wingtip Lace-up Oxford Men's Dress Boots by Allen Edmonds
When we asked Jim Dayton, an award-winning architect and protégé of Frank Gehry, to design our new retail store prototype, we never planned for him to create a shoe for us. But, by using authentic materials in his store design like Wisconsin red birch and touches of the cork that cushions our shoes, he did such a great job capturing our company's personality that we asked him to bring the same aesthetic sensibilities to a pair of shoes. And we're sure glad we did. In creating this seven-eyelet blucher boot, Dayton used his architect's sharp-eye to perfectly balance the silhouette of the rounded, full toe with the extended calf-high upper. Similarly, the orange leather lining, toe medallion and perforations on the back-stay and wingtip combine to accentuate the boot's heartier features, like the Butyl leather sole, and create a blueprint for both elegance and strength. Tucked under blue jeans or a blue suit, they present a stylish profile while providing the type of ankle stability and support not usually found in a dress shoe. A truly original boot made by a one-of-a-kind artisan, the Dalton is the perfect foundation on which to build a great outfit.
Click any link below to view similar styles:
- Leather sole men's dress boots
- Wingtip blucher with brogue perforations and medallion
- Premium calfskin leather upper with orange leather lining
- Butyl double leather sole
- Newly reinforced and strengthened pull Tab
- 360 degree Goodyear welted construction (learn about our 212 steps of Craftsmanship)
- Manufactured on the welted 1-511 Last (learn all about lasts)
- This shoe is eligible for our full Recrafting service (learn about Allen Edmonds legendary shoe Recrafting)
- Proudly made in the USA at our Port Washington, Wisconsin factory
Allen Edmonds Custom Men's Shoes
- Many of our shoe styles can be ordered in mis-matched and special sizes for a nominal charge through our Consumer Assistance Center at 1-800-235-2348.
Allen Edmonds Shoe Care
- To find out which specific Allen Edmonds Shoe Care products and colors to use on your shoes, check out our Shoe Care Reference Guide.
- When caring for your calfskin, use Allen Edmonds Conditioner Cleaner to remove surface residue and to keep leather soft and pliable. To achieve a fine luster, wipe shoes with a damp cloth and allow them to air dry at room temperature. Then, apply a coat of Allen Edmonds Premium Shoe Polish with a cloth or horsehair dauber and allow to air dry. Further details and videos are available on our Caring for Your Shoes page.