Strand with Combination Tap sole - Cap-toe Lace-up Oxford Men's Dress Shoes by Allen Edmonds
- Rubber sole men's lace-up oxford dress shoes
- Cap-toe balmoral premium dress shoes with perforated brogue styling
- Lined premium calfskin leather upper
- Part of the Timeless Classics Collection of premium men's shoes
- V-Tread tap sole
- 360 degree Goodyear welted construction (learn about our 212 steps of Craftsmanship)
- Manufactured on the welted 65 Last (learn all about lasts)
- This shoe is eligible for our full Recrafting service (learn about Allen Edmonds legendary shoe Recrafting)
- Proudly made in the USA at our Port Washington, Wisconsin factory
The Strand is Allen Edmonds CEO & President Paul Grangaard's favorite style! The relationship began in the early 1980s when, as a newly-minted banker eager for overseas experience, he had the good fortune of being transferred to Frankfurt, Germany. Given his age, inexperience and the language challenge inherent in the job, he was looking for a "credibility-enhancer" and some needed gravitas. So he bought his first pair of this distinctly American version of the classic senior executive's captoe brogue. When he became head of Allen Edmonds in 2008, Paul made sure they were one of the first styles reintroduced in the Timeless Classics Collection. Built on the 5-Last, these balmorals are full of personality, thanks to an array of impressive perforations plus a striking medallion on the cap toe. Perfectly complementing its design elements is this model's orderly and architectural form, which effortlessly conveys an air of achievement as well as refined elegance. This means, just as it did for Paul, that when you put on a pair of Strands, you'll elevate your game at the same time.
A leather sole has a special feel and traditional look that can't be beat. But in certain inclement weather situations or for guys whose jobs involve lots of time on their feet, it can be good to have the traction and stability that only a rubber sole can add. So you dont have to choose between these two options, we decided to fuse them into the tap sole, a leather sole with V-tread rubber inserts on the forefoot and heel. Polished yet practical for the ultimate presence and performance, the tap sole will have you walking tall, and that's no song and dance.