Franciscan - Monk Strap Slip-on Loafer Men's Dress Shoes by Allen Edmonds
Anyone who has ever had an Abbey or Trappist ale knows that monks know a thing or two about innovation and craftsmanship. Maybe that's why they were the first designers to come up with the shoe with a wide front strap. But what they invented, we feel we've perfected in our new Franciscan, a monk strap like only Allen Edmonds can make. Along with the puritan simplicity of the single buckle enclosure, we added a touch of brogueing and perfing to give it just the right amount of flare. As the monk strap has become the go-to footwear for stylish men from London to Los Angeles, we've shaped this model on the 333 last to create a chiseled toe to enhance a contemporary wardrobe of fitted suits and dark-washed denim. Befitting this modern style, we've outfitted it with our new bourbon calfskin, which creates a depth of character rarely seen in such a fashionable shoe. Made for the guy who likes to take chances, the Franciscan will make you the toast of the town.
Click any link below to view similar styles:
- Combination Tap sole men's slip-on dress shoes
- Cap-toe monk strap style
- Lined premium calfskin leather upper
- V-tread Tap sole
- 360 degree Goodyear welted construction (learn about our 212 steps of Craftsmanship)
- Manufactured on the welted 3-333 Last (learn all about lasts)
- This shoe is eligible for our full Recrafting service (learn about Allen Edmonds legendary shoe Recrafting)
- Proudly made in the USA at our Port Washington, Wisconsin factory
Allen Edmonds Custom Men's Shoes
- Many of our shoe styles can be ordered in mis-matched and special sizes for a nominal charge through our Consumer Assistance Center at 1-800-235-2348.
Allen Edmonds Shoe Care
- To find out which specific Allen Edmonds Shoe Care products and colors to use on your shoes, check out our Shoe Care Reference Guide.
- When caring for your calfskin, use Allen Edmonds Conditioner Cleaner to remove surface residue and to keep leather soft and pliable. To achieve a fine luster, wipe shoes with a damp cloth and allow them to air dry at room temperature. Then, apply a coat of Allen Edmonds Premium Shoe Polish with a cloth or horsehair dauber and allow to air dry. Further details and videos are available on our Caring for Your Shoes page.