This shoe is a closeout style, and is therefore limited to the sizes and widths that are currently available online.
Strawfut - Wingtip Lace-up Oxford Men's Dress Shoes by Allen Edmonds
We rediscovered this exceptional shoe in 2009 when a long-time customer from Los Angeles sent in a pair we had built in the 1950s to have the soles recrafted. Our play on the original design, which was intended to present a business-style toe while keeping the rest of the foot cool, combines a modern, transparent mesh vamp with a stylized perforated wing-tip toe. This unique pairing brings comfort and formality to these warm weather shoes, making them extremely popular in the South or for the summer in the Northern states. Moreover, the unique combination of leather and mesh (or off white linen if you are channeling your inner Gatsby) makes the Strawfut incredibly light and thereby perfect for men who do their best work on their feet, like renowned symphony conductor Osmo Vänskä, who has a pair in brown and navy.
Click any link below to view similar styles:
- Leather sole men's lace-up oxford dress shoes
- Wingtip two-tone spectator balmoral
- Linen or mesh vamp
- Part of the Timeless Classics Collection of premium men's shoes
- Lined premium calfskin leather upper
- Single oak leather sole
- 360 degree Goodyear welted construction (learn about our 212 steps of Craftsmanship)
- Manufactured on the welted 5-65 Last (learn all about lasts)
- These shoes are eligible for our Recrafting service (learn about Allen Edmonds legendary Recrafting service)
- Proudly made in the USA at our Port Washington, Wisconsin factory
Allen Edmonds Custom Men's Shoes
- Many of our shoe styles can be ordered in mis-matched and special sizes for a nominal charge through our Consumer Assistance Center at 1-800-235-2348.
Allen Edmonds Shoe Care
- To find out which specific Allen Edmonds Shoe Care products and colors to use on your shoes, check out our Shoe Care Reference Guide.
- When caring for your calfskin, use Allen Edmonds Conditioner Cleaner to remove surface residue and to keep leather soft and pliable. To achieve a fine luster, wipe shoes with a damp cloth and allow them to air dry at room temperature. Then, apply a coat of Allen Edmonds Premium Shoe Polish with a cloth or horsehair dauber and allow to air dry. Further details and videos are available on our Caring for Your Shoes page.