McAllister with Combination Tap sole - Wingtip Lace-up Oxford Men's Dress Shoes by Allen Edmonds
- Rubber sole men's lace-up oxford dress shoes
- Wingtip balmoral premium dress shoes with perforated brogue styling
- Lined premium calfskin leather upper
- Part of the Timeless Classics Collection of premium men's shoes
- V-tread tap sole
- 360 degree Goodyear welted construction (learn about our 212 steps of Craftsmanship)
- Manufactured on the welted 65 Last (learn all about lasts)
- This shoe is eligible for our full Recrafting service (learn about Allen Edmonds legendary shoe Recrafting)
- Proudly made in the USA at our Port Washington, Wisconsin factory
First introduced in 1956 and brought back by popular demand in 2009, this model is our ode to a style that dates back hundreds of years. You see, originally, the wingtip gained popularity in Scotland because its secondary trim provided extra protection from the Highland's rocky crags and its perforations allowed water to drain from shoe as a highlander traversed boggy landscapes. Over the years, this dress brogue has remained a must-have model because its traditional 5-Last fit, sturdy leather sole and the strength conveyed by the short wings instill a sense of confidence to anyone who wears them. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the perfing on the wing, throat and backstay along with the pinking and intricate toe medallion also make these shoes as refined as they are enduring. And just as it has evolved from its humble beginnings into the quintessential business shoe, the McAllister is perfect for the man who is making his way in the world, but hasn't forgot where he came from.
A leather sole has a special feel and traditional look that can't be beat. But in certain inclement weather situations or for guys whose jobs involve lots of time on their feet, it can be good to have the traction and stability that only a rubber sole can add. So you don't have to choose between these two options, we decided to fuse them into the tap sole, a leather sole with V-tread rubber inserts on the forefoot and heel. Polished yet practical for the ultimate presence and performance, the tap sole will have you walking tall, and that's no song and dance.